Monday, August 15, 2011

A Simple Beginning

Greetings!


     So here it starts... It's 7AM here in New York, and I can feel the city slowly waking up. I just can't sleep as usual. You'd think that I'd be used to being an insomniac, but the shark part of my brain tells me that I need to work on something. My mind races a mile a minute, and I'll probably fall asleep on the train later. At the moment though, I need to do something. New projects are exciting, and they keep one stimulated. As far as this goes, this is a blog, a side project, or maybe just a fleeting idea. As a typical Aries, I am prone to starting new ventures, but never entirely finishing them. Hopefully this will be one that I stick to. I'm hoping that you'll hold me to that. Where does this leave us? As I was thinking of what kind of blog I wanted to do, I kept thinking of my experiences, my life... What will this be about? What's my hook? What do I even call it? There's a line from a Janelle Monae song that goes "I'm an alien from outer space..." It just sticks in my head because it seems that's how I've traveled through life. I had an acting mentor that told me in his office, "Andrew, you're an out-sider, and you'll always be an out-sider looking in." Have you ever had that feeling like you're walking in space? Those that know me don't always know that being a bi-racial kid can be a lonely experience. Add to the fact that you're a boy that likes boys, and it can be kind of isolating. Fortunately, alienfromouterspace.blogspot.com was taken, and so I've realized that I'm just a boy here in the Big Apple. An idea and a dream that took 26 years in the making. At 28, I'm doing what others are afraid to do, have never done, or given up on after some short time. You have to tell yourself that. So here we are. A boy in the Big Apple. Lots to do, lots to see, and great people to meet/laugh with. That's what I love, and that's what I need. Let's see how it goes. It's an adventure right? Let's go. Oh, and good morning, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment